Friday 20 March 2009

i am prepared for amazing things...i want my children to have magic powers!

this piece is inspired by a person, and a film this person made...

the person: miranda july
the film: me and you and everyone we know

miranda july is a performance artist, director, film maker, and writer, and thats just the top things on a list that goes on forever. she's amazing! she wrote, directed and stared in her film "me and you and everyone we know", and my piece is using a quote from a scene where miranda's character is performing some of her artwork to a "croud" of people, the croud noises are coming from a recording on a stereo. she's just so quirky and fun but at the same time, heart breakingly honest in the way she uses her words...

go look at her website, its alot of fun, and you'll get an insight into how amazing she really is...
http://mirandajuly.com/

i wish she was my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.